Thursday 22 May 2008

Trailer Evaluation


During this assignment I realized that having more footage is better than having less. I also realized that when we do our pre-production we should plan do have lots of shots to take so that during the post production we have a vast variety to choose from.

I think the shots that we have are excellent, I think the ideas we set out to do for the shots worked out well, the lighting in our shots are excellent as well, which we are surprised by because we never used any special lighting effects. However the acting was the downside in our trailer, as it lacked talent. (surprisingly)

We work exceptionally well as a group, because all tasks and all the things we wanted to do was completed to the best of our ability. Once again, it was a surprise because during half way through our pre-production we were told that a member of our group was no longer on the course, so we had to change most paper work, but I think we bounced back well.

I will take more shots and spend more time on perfecting shots instead of cancelling out on doing that shot. I will plan on having more shot types, I think next time we will record footage in different locations or maybe record the same scene but in a different location just to have more footage to work with.

I think our trailer compared to proper movie trailers looks a bit cheap, I think the reason for that would be because they use better equipment as in camera’s and computer software. However I think the way our trailer is constructed and the way the trailer is set out is at a good standard.

No comments: